Executive Assistant to the CEO
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO Department: Program
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Classification: Full-Time Date: 10/30/23
Weekly Hours: 9:00 A.M- 5:00 P.M Schedule: Mon-Fri
Pay Rate: $24/Hr.
The Executive Assistant who is detail-oriented, has a talent for multi-tasking and organizing, as well as excellent communication skills. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant provides support across all departments and is the primary liaison with staff, board, and various stakeholders. His/her key job responsibilities include managing the day-to-day administrative support for the Executive Director, including scheduling, project research, writing and editing internal and external communications, support with the donor database and reporting, and functioning as the primary staff member to assist the Board of Directors. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Provide daily executive administrative support to the CEO including answering phones, drafting, and responding to emails, scheduling meetings, managing the calendar, and arranging travel.
· Coordinate and manage the CEO's heavy, complex, and frequently changing calendar with an understanding of when to raise items as a priority as well as ensuring materials for meetings as well as conference rooms (when necessary) are available and accessible in advance of events.
· Arrange video conferences and conference calls with internal and external audiences across multiple time zone.
· Management of function events including scheduling and on occasion distributing agendas
· Arrange US/international travel and process related travel and expense accounts. Provide the CEO with the proper documents required for travel.
· Undertake special projects requiring a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy.
· Communicate effectively with senior executives and their assistants as well as internal associates and external clients - Build strong working relationships with peer administrative staff.
· Maintain up-to-date Marketing, Communications, and Investor Relations function organization.
· Ability to refine or edit PowerPoint slide presentations.
· Provide administrative assistance to the CEO, including managing schedules for meetings with all stakeholders.
· Provide research and any supporting materials in advance of meetings and support the CEO and staff who are meeting with the CEO in attending meetings on-time when schedules get hectic.
· Assist the rest of the Executive Leadership Team (Chief Operating Officer, Director of Human Resource, and Director of Development) on projects as directed. Research and assistance with any other various organizational projects, including fundraising, board management and others as they arise.
· Responsible for writing, editing, and disseminating communications to external stakeholders, board, and staff on behalf of Maple, ensuring that all Maple-wide written and electronic communications are professional and to the highest standards; Provide excellent, professional customer service to all constituents.
· Coordinate staff meetings, board retreats, gatherings, and holiday events.
· Professional, friendly demeanor – A team player who has the character, confidence, and flexibility to fit in with the team.
· Self-motivated with a "can-do" attitude and strong work ethic
· Demonstrated resourcefulness and follow-through with the ability to independently conclude projects and assignments reliably.
· Calm demeanor and a professional with an approachable style
· High degree of integrity and accountability to delivery strong, high-quality outcomes.
· Ability to work autonomously; and maintain confidential information.
· Demonstrated flexibility, ability to adjust priorities, and a solutions-oriented mindset required.
· Proactive, ability to anticipate the needs of the team.
· Minimum of a Bachelor's in sociology, education, ethnic studies, public relations, social work, public health, public administration, or a related field.
· A Minimum of 3+ years Executive Administrative experience, preferably in a OPWDD (Office for people with developmental disabilities),
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
· Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with little supervision to ensure work is completed within deadlines – ability to manage multiple projects in a demanding environment.
· Displayed ability to take initiative and foresight to anticipate needs – thinking and acting several steps ahead.
· Strong organizational and overall administrative skills, a warm, engaging, and collaborative personality.
· Exceptional responsiveness, both by phone and email.
· Exemplary verbal/written communication skills are required (writing samples will be requested).
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
· Availability for occasional nights and weekends.
· Technically proficient with audio and voice equipment, mobile and desktop devices.
· Preparation for all Board and Board Committee meetings, including scheduling, meeting notices, meeting materials, Zoom links, minutes, and other related logistical support.
· Regularly update all forms used for Board recruitment, organization letterhead and general information.
· Events manage any Maple gatherings of board members, including meetings and social events.
· Assist board members for any Maple-related work as requested.
· Ability to handle confidential donor/constituency information with sensitivity and integrity.
· High achievement orientation; goal-oriented with a strong ownership mentality; willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to achieve goals.
· Spanish/English (Bilingual)
A Proud Mother Of One Of Our Individuals