Human Resource Generalist
Job Title: Human Resource Generalist Human Resources/Administration
Reports to: Aeon Clark (CEO) FLSA Status: Exempt
Classification: Full-Time Date: 3/18/2021
Purpose of the job: The Director of Human Resources and Benefits Administration is responsible
for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities in
the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance
management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and
employment law compliance.
· Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other
· Managing the recruitment and selection process
· Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the
· Conduct all the required OPWDD background check prior to employment (SEL, CBC, SCR,
MHL, and Medicaid Exclusion List)
· Maintain pay plan and benefits program
· Create new hire business and ID cards
· Ensure notification to the necessary IT and related departments are made to give new hire
access to the necessary system.
· Keep updated with changes as it pertains to HR laws and regulations
· Ensure all staff receives needed training and records are kept updated.
· Identify and monitor systems that will provide for the continuous improvement and
effectiveness of employee relations matters
· Provide continuous oversight and monitoring of employee tracking.
· Input information into FundEZ for remittance update and manually prepare forms to produce
· Be willing to work on weekends if necessary, to facilitate agency needs
· Provide guidance and supervision to office Manager
· Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees
· Handles employee relations, counseling, disciplinary action, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
· Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
· Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
· Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory
· Assist with the development of program specific policy and procedure manual
· Nurture a positive working environment
· Any other directives given by supervisor.
· Knowledge in a related health or human services field
· Some experience in an OPWDD regulated service area with at least 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
· Must have a working knowledge of the current regulations, policies, and protocols governing the requirements for people working with individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
· Strong leadership, professional and organizational skills.
· Able to communicate departmental concerns and issues to supervisor in a timely manner
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· A New York State Driver’s license is preferred as travel is required between program sites on at least a weekly basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Unique Care Community Services, Inc. reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
A Proud Mother Of One Of Our Individuals