Job Title: Intake Coordinator Brooklyn/Queens Department: All
Reports to: Director Of Development FLSA Status: Exempt
Classification: Part-time (10 am-4 pm/Mon-Fri) Date: 1/13/2018
Pay Rate: $20/hr,
The Outreach/Care Connection Specialist is responsible for promoting UCCS (Unique Care Community Services) mission and services by attending/organizing outreach events at schools, provider agencies, and referral sources as well as enrolling eligible new members into care management services at UCCS (Unique Care Community Services).
The Outreach/Care Connection Specialist is also responsible for ensuring the outreach activities necessary are executed to expedite enrollment and engage and facilitate steps for enrollment with prospective members to receive services from the designated Care Coordination Organization (CCO) and OPWDD HCBS Waiver services. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance and quality standards are met, as well as upholding agency policy and practices.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan, develop, and execute community outreach for new applicants, including but not limited to distributing brochures, speaking to community groups, engaging with OPWDD/local DDROs.
· Cultivate relationships with school districts/Transition Coordinators, facilitate presentations with districts and families to educate and inform about services UCCS offers to young adults and timeframes for enrollment.
· Develop and maintain working relationships with OPWDD Regional Office(s), specifically the Aging out/Transition Coordinators, with the goal of ensuring that UCCS is positioned as a responsive CCO when a referral is needed.
· Work in partnership with the Director of Member Engagement and Marketing Strategist to create marketing and informational UCCS materials for distribution and presentations as requested.
· Attending department/team meetings, training, supervisions, etc. as scheduled and in accordance with agency practice and policy. Complete all required training.
· Travel throughout the designated service area to meet with people interested in receiving services as needed, to support expedited enrollment.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Be the main point of contact for patients, caregivers, or guardians about clinical services being provided to individuals with developmental disabilities.
· Be a liaison between the patients and clinicians to coordinate multidisciplinary care.
· Ensure compliance with clinic regulations.
· Conduct intake screenings to gather consent signatures and insurance information about new patients.
· Communicate with insurance companies about prior authorization requirements.
· Complete periodic chart audits to comply with Quality Assurance plan.
· Responsible for maintaining patient databases, answering telephones, directing calls, and assisting with other office tasks such as copying, scanning, filing, and record sorting for storage, as needed.
· Responsible for the implementation of eligibility, intake, and outreach policies and procedures.
· Oversee enrollment activity and tracking for assigned regions.
· Responsible for data tracking and requirements for enrollment (Choices, TABS, THERAP, PRECISION CARE etc.)
Bachelor’s degree plus one-year experience completing enrollment for OPWDD supports and services, strongly preferred.
· Associate degree plus 2 years of experience completing enrollment for OPWDD support and services.
· High school diploma plus 2-3 years of experience completing enrollment for OPWDD supports and services.
· Demonstrated knowledge regarding access to member benefits (e.g. Medicaid), preferred.
· Proficiency with the use of excel and other software products used for tracking the flow of information.
· Experience using OPWDD’s CHOICES system, a plus.
· Absolute sense of integrity and personal commitment to serving people with I/DD and their families.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication organization and demonstrated ability
to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to work autonomously.
· Demonstrate professionalism, respect, and ability to work in a team environment.
A Proud Mother Of One Of Our Individuals